Thursday, June 18, 2009

he's a-walkin'

Raphael is finally mobile! He has surprised not only himself but his dad and I, with how fast he learned to walk. He took six steps all by himself about a month ago, and he hasn't slowed down since! He loves to walk towards me and give me hugs. His big smile brings joy to my heart. His baby "talk" is increasing by the day,I only wish i could understand what he yells about to the birds out side. Raphael loves attention, not only from us, but from strangers he sees when we take him out. If someone goes by and they don't acknowledge him...he bursts out a BIG yell and points at them. Somewhere along the way Raphael learned to dis-like baths, but loves to be outside playing in the grass. He points at the birds and the occasional car driving by. He still only has 4 teeth and he knows how to use them to bite down into his favorite fruit....bananas! He loves to cuddle into bed with us. My hair is his new obsession, not to pull, but to caress and feel between his tiny fingers. His pointing finger is used very often to let me know where the ceiling is or to point at food he wants to nibble on. His new ticklish spots are his feet and toes. He absolutely loves to eat fruit and pasta...not together though. I love to spoil him with home made tortillas and beans...he goes crazy eating them!! His dad on the other hand spoils him with pop-cycles and occasional brownie. One morning he surprised me when he said "yeah baby!" I'm still trying to figure out where he learned this or what exactly he meant by it. Raphael is very active. The brain in his round head is sucking up everything around him like a sponge. Raphael is growing too fast....makes me get misty eyed and all. I am considering starting to potty train him soon....I'll let you know how things go along :)












No comments:

Post a Comment